Phone holders?

Go down

Phone holders? Empty Phone holders?

Post by CRNeo on Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:19 pm

What does everyone do with their phones in their Vitaras?

Got android auto setup now so want to hook up the phone to USB but the phone doesn't really fit in the gap in front of the gearstick annoyingly.

Normally in all my other cars I buy a brodit mount, seems the only brodit for the vitara is up on the drivers A pillar though which is not really where I want the phone living.

Another option is when I get round to getting an armrest of some description to run a USB extension into that and have the phone in there, with android auto I shouldn't need to see the phone display really.
CRNeo
CRNeo

Back to top Go down

Phone holders? Empty Re: Phone holders?

Post by Shawnh001 on Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:45 pm

I use this on mine. With a little effort it can be reversed to fit the left hand side of the centre console.
https://www.glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/products/suzuki-vitara-passenger-side-net-990e0-54p34-002
Shawnh001
Shawnh001

Back to top Go down

Post by alec on Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:48 am

I picked up one like this in Poundland (yes it was £1)

Phone holders? S-l500

Probably not best suited for Vitara vents but works for me and I can't complain about the price.
alec
alec

Back to top Go down

Post by CRNeo on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:38 pm

Shawnh001 wrote:I use this on mine. With a little effort it can be reversed to fit the left hand side of the centre console.

Hmmm that looks ok actually - how does it fit? Just self tappers into the trim?
CRNeo
CRNeo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawnh001 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:33 pm

Correct. Just four self tappers and you’re done.
The net is for the right hand side but with some fiddling and re-positioning it can easily be reversed for the left.
The phone them tucks in there nicely and out of the way. My trouble is I almost always forget to take the phone with me when leaving the car.
Shawnh001
Shawnh001

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:51 pm

My phone stays in my pocket, and I use blue tooth.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire pud on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:43 pm

Same here bluetooth on all the time and keep my phone in the slot under the r/h side of steering wheel.
I suppose if you're an android auto user then some kind of mount is a must.
Yorkshire pud
Yorkshire pud

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawnh001 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:54 pm

Neither of you use CarPlay ?
Because it’s so much better, particularly the various SatNavs on offer by using it, always have my phone connected via the lead.
Hence the need to have the phone stored somewhere.
Shawnh001
Shawnh001

Back to top Go down

Post by CRNeo on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:59 pm

Yeah I'm wanting to use android auto for satnav and spotify so I need somewhere to store the phone plugged in.. not too fussed about seeing the phone screen though tbh.

I have only just discovered the slot to the r/h side of the steering wheel - it's actually quite a good phone sized cubby.

The hunt continues for a nice home that can be cabled back to the usb... I might pickup one of those nets for now though.
CRNeo
CRNeo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawnh001 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:47 pm

If it helps I use a short coiled phone lead to connect to the usb.
It keeps it much neater and I your case will save running a long lead from the socket to the cubbyhole on the right hand side of the dash.

This is similar to what I use.
https://www.kenable.co.uk/en/usb-cables-adapters/usb-20-cables/8776-kenable-coiled-shielded-usb-20-a-to-micro-b-data-and-charging-cable-black-1m-008776-5055383487769.html
Shawnh001
Shawnh001

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:02 pm

I presume it is legal to use a mobile linked to Bluetooth because it does not involve using hands to operate. But quite honestly I feel that Bluetooth is more dangerous than using a hand held phone. Searching for the correct buttons is a night mare; just like several other controls on the Vitara. - The a/c button, fresh/circulating air button, and trying to remember the position of the fog light button and rear fog button.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by CRNeo on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:34 pm

JOHNWALES wrote:I presume it is legal to use a mobile linked to Bluetooth because it does not involve using hands to operate.  But quite honestly I feel that Bluetooth is more dangerous than using a hand held phone.  Searching for the correct buttons is a night mare;  just like several other controls on the Vitara.  - The a/c button,  fresh/circulating air button, and trying to remember the position of the fog light button and rear fog button.

Not quite sure I understand/share your issue tbh... phone gets plugged in before I set off, if I'm using sat nav I plumb in the destination into that before I move, then I select a playlist of spotify (usually on shuffle) and that's it! Volume, track skip are all on the wheel as are buttons to answer and hang up any calls completely hands free... I don't need to take my hands off the wheel and everything is easily within reach.

I do find the A/C controls a bit low and difficult to get to... and I still much prefer dials and real tactile buttons rather than touch screen mind!
CRNeo
CRNeo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down