Side body moulding

Go down

Side body moulding Empty Side body moulding

Post by sspearl on Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:31 am

Our side body moulding’s small chrome are not sticking on the two back doors. They were an extra supplied by the dealer and fitted by them on the day we picked up the car. We have taken the car back to them four times and on the last occasion they fitted two new back door ones, but they came un stuck the next day. The dealer has told us they have been extremely careful and are at a loss as to why the double sided tape is coming off. At the moment the dealer is talking to Suzuki Australia to try and figure out what to do. It’s like the two back ones are the wrong shape, putting to much strain on the moulding’s double sided tape.
Just posting this to see if any one here has any clues as to what the problem may be.

Side body moulding 8b449210

Side body moulding 536ae110
sspearl
sspearl

Back to top Go down

Side body moulding Empty Re: Side body moulding

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:55 am

The 3M double sided tape is usually too good (especially if your trying to remove accessories at a later date) so it is unfortunate your having these problems.
I have not fitted the chrome kit but
having fitted the black rubber mouldings in the past following the contour of the Vitara is essential,the instructions suggested starting at the front door mouldings first
,being more complicated towards the rear QTR I found it easier to fit the rear sections first then align the front door mouldings to suit........you would only need to be out a few mm at the front to create larger problems at the rear

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sspearl on Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:17 am

Thanks Karl for your response you certainly have a lot of experience.
I agree with you the lining up of the rear moulding must be wrong.
However we have been thinking about it and have decided to ring the
dealership tomorrow with the idea of removing the whole lot and maybe offering us two free services instead.
After 4 goes we are now skeptical that they will get it right.
A bit disappointing but we think the car will look just as good with out them. I will let you know what happens
sspearl
sspearl

Back to top Go down

Post by sspearl on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:36 am

Side body moulding 9af01610

Side body moulding 7c5f1e10

Hi karl The dealer agreed to remove the side body moulding’s and gave us the 2 free services. They did it today and gave us a Vitara loan car to use. Very Happy I must admit the dealer has been extremely patient. The car looks OK without them.
sspearl
sspearl

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:32 am

Looks great and I think that colour especially with the black roof works well without any trims thumbl

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down