Wading depth

Go down

Wading depth Empty Wading depth

Post by blastpipe on Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:05 pm

Hi

Give some recent flooding...does anyone know the official wading depth of the Vitara?

Thanks

BP

blastpipe

Back to top Go down

Wading depth Empty Re: Wading depth

Post by JOHNWALES on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:10 pm

Given the cost of replacing an engine, which would not be done under warranty or insurance, I would be reluctant to take my Vitara out in the rain, let alone take it out swimming !!!

A tow rope, and £10 in the pocket of a local farmer or nearby HGV may be a better option to be towed through without your engine running.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by tigersaw on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Trouble with a flooded road is that you have no idea how deep it is, so even if we measure to the sill, or just half way up the wheels and consider that safe, once moving it can change instantly.
I ran my previous Dacia Duster through a flooded road of about 12 inches, past abandoned cars and a bus, with a nice bow wave, but it was scary and probably would not do it again, and certainly not in the Vitara
tigersaw
tigersaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:10 pm

Although JOHNWALES may give the impression the world is going to end if you go anywhere near a puddle I can with experience say there is nothing wrong with water crossings as long as you are aware of where the engine air intake is (LY Vitara are just on the bonnet slam line on the left hand side towards the headlight)

Wading depth Img_2079

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sspearl on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:33 am

Wow great photo you must have made it, certainly got the wheel arches clean. Shocked Laughing sunny
sspearl
sspearl

Back to top Go down

Post by blastpipe on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Thanks for the info and pic

Certainly not looking to actively go professional wading..but you can be surprised when the heavens open. Knowing the limits and capabilities of your car is important. I'd never condone going into any water unless you know the depth. There are many ways of working out the depth before you decide whether to enter or not. Having previously had Land Rovers where they publicise the wading depth it is a surprise that Suzuki don't list it in the technical specs.

blastpipe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down