Aircon recharge

Go down

Aircon recharge  Empty Aircon recharge

Post by Yorkshire pud on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:00 pm

My 2016 vitara's aircon doesn't seem as cold as it used to be.
Also developed a bit of a squeal as I turn it on, sounds like a drive belt slipping for a few seconds.
I've looked at an stp recharge kit from halfords which isn't cheap for the gas canister and connecting hose's but would it be best to take it in to a garage???
Yorkshire pud
Yorkshire pud

Back to top Go down

Aircon recharge  Empty Re: Aircon recharge

Post by tigersaw on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:15 pm

We took our 10 yr old Yaris to a larger Halfords where they did a recharge and service (not from a kit) and it was cheaper than the garage and the tyre place nearby too. They seemed to do a decent job as it all worked like new afterwards.
tigersaw
tigersaw

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:44 pm

just had a letter regarding recharge from my dealer there is no way I am paying suzuki prices for a recharge. they are having a jolly .£99 to have a recharge yer right I will just open the window when I need to.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by tigersaw on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:54 pm

I think we paid £40 at Halfords
tigersaw
tigersaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Fin69 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:25 pm

Have a look on Groupon or Wowcher. There always appears to be offers on there for AC servicing near me.

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:50 pm

I had a recharge last year costing £99 which I think is a fair price. Any one who thinks it is expensive by todays costs, should be getting a bus pass.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:12 am

JOHNWALES does have a fair point above
My sister in law went to Halfords to have her Fiat Sedici/SX4 ac regassed, it was still working fine but the car was now 10years old . After 40 minutes the inexperienced Halfords guy said he could not re-gass the system as there was a major leak somewhere in the AC system?
Fearing the worst (damaged hose/pump/condenser) she asked me to take a look as it was working prior to going to Halfords.
The STP kit mentioned above does appear expensive but I have found it will re-gass 2-3 vehicles and there is also a refund on the gas bottle if you return it
Back to the Sister in law's car, having re-gassed another Sedici/SX4 with the kit I connected it up expecting to find the leak yet the kit fully charged the AC and has for the last 3-4months worked perfectly even in the last week's heatwave sunny
The kits I would say are ideal on older  vehicles that may not warrant £99 on a re-gass but on newer vehicles such as our Vitara's I don't see it as a great expense ,unlike the STP kit the machine used by the dealer will drain, clean, pressure test and then re-gass the system, so far more involved and time consuming than the STP kit that just tops up the gas

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:36 am

Very informative Karl, thanks.
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire pud on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:38 pm

I had the AC re-gas done at the dealers(montys Suzuki)for £84.
It seems there is also an oil that its added to the system ! Something that wont be renewed via the diy re-gas kits !
Yorkshire pud
Yorkshire pud

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down