Wing mirror painted bit replacement cost?

Go down

Wing mirror painted bit replacement cost? Empty Wing mirror painted bit replacement cost?

Post by dave_h on Thu May 30, 2019 5:52 pm

A numpty today decided to clip my mirror while driving past my parked car. The glass is smashed (I've ordered a replacement off ebay for £15 delivered) and the blue bit is scuffed (very slightly) from when it fell off. Any idea of what the cost would be for a replacement cover? It's a 2015 SZ5 Rugged Allgrip in the turquoise blue.

Cheers, Dave thumbl

dave_h

Back to top Go down

Wing mirror painted bit replacement cost? Empty Re: Wing mirror painted bit replacement cost?

Post by Admin on Fri May 31, 2019 12:06 am

No idea on the individual prices for the SZ5 but a brushed alloy pair as fitted to the S model is £155.10

SUZUKI GB wrote:DOOR MIRROR COVER SET
Two-piece set.
For cars with mirror blinkers available
Brushed aluminium design
Part No. 990E0-86R01-QAK

https://shopcars.suzuki.co.uk/suzuki/new-vitara/84728-61m20-qak-door-mirror-cover-set-brushed-aluminium-look-finish.html

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Wing mirror painted bit replacement cost? Empty Re: Wing mirror painted bit replacement cost?

Post by sakke on Fri May 31, 2019 9:25 am

I ordered red ones from Autohaus Fürst, 125 euros plus postage:
https://autofuerst-shop.de/genuine-suzuki-accessories/SUZUKI-VITARA/door-wing-mirror-cover-set-for-the-suzuki-vitara.html

The other colour is white, and there is also brushed aluminium version for mirrors that have integrated indicators.
sakke
sakke

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Fri May 31, 2019 10:27 pm

I have to drive down a narrow one way street to get home, on which there is residents parking for about ten cars on one side. It is usually full and I have counted six cars out of the ten with damaged mirrors. Mine are electrically controlled, and I never fail to retract them when parking; indeed I often draw them in whilst driving along narrow roads. Better to be safe than sorry.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by sakke on Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:47 am

I bought and installed a Window and Mirror Automatic Modul to protect my mirrors. When I lock the doors outside it automatically retracts the mirrors and also closes all windows that were open.

I bought it from Autohaus Fürst, 199 euros plus delivery.
https://autofuerst-shop.de/genuine-suzuki-accessories/SUZUKI-VITARA/window-and-mirror-automatic-modul-for-your-suzuki-vitara.html
sakke
sakke

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:54 am

Can you over ride this device. I am not a dog owner, but can identify a few reasons for not closing the windows when leaving the car.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by sakke on Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:24 am

JOHNWALES wrote:Can you over ride this device.   I am not a dog owner, but can identify a few reasons for not closing the windows when leaving the car.

As far as I know the answer is no. So with it you can not leave animals or kids in car on sunny days and lock the car. Good point, Johnwales!
sakke
sakke

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrust on Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:08 pm

I prefer to have the option to manually retract my mirrors; on my last car (Volvo V40) when the mirrors retracted on a frosty night they would often freeze in the folded position thus requiring an extra 10 minutes' de-icing them before you could set off.   Crying or Very sad
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:03 pm

Volvo? Sweden? Snow? Ice? Freezing up study

How very strange, I have had a Vitara in Iceland at -21*c and the mirrors worked fine

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:06 pm

I share Sakke's view on this topic, particularly living in Helsinki. There is always a danger to wing mirrors, wipers and iced up windows when in cold climates. I tend to give a squirt of de-icer on the mirror mechanism before moving off.

Surprised that Karl thinks it very strange ; at minus 21 *c I would be checking every aspect of the car, including the possibility of the tyres being frozen to the road !!!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:13 pm

I find it strange that a Volvo renowned for its Scandinavian heritage would have issues with items freezing up
I have a locking activated fold module (mirrors only not windows) on my Vitara and has worked fine here in the UK at -9*c/-10*c

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:53 am

Reminds me of a Volvo 121 I bought back in 1961. Now that was a car actually built in Sweden. It was fitted with a 6 volt battery, the lights were bloody awful, and certainly not suitable for Scandinavian use. It was like heaven when I bought my first VW Beetle !!!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by nib4722 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:51 pm

Dave , perhaps you could consider aftermarket covers that fit over the top of existing covers . These are available in carbon fibre look (£31) or chrome finish (£26) , probably cheaper than genuine .www.aliexpress.com/item/ABS-Carbon-fiber-pattern-car-Rcarearview-mirror-cover-Trim-Rearview-mirror-Decoration-For-Suzuki-Vitara-S/32985002087.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.34182e0emKZeOO

nib4722

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:13 pm

Do the aftermarket covers come with security locks ??? At £31 they would be lucky to survive beyond 10 p.m.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by dave_h on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:17 pm

Cheers for all the info folks. I've replaced the glass & (for now) put the old cover back on. I've not had much joy sorting anything with the clown that clumped me yet but at least I can now see what's going on behind me!

I do miss the folding mirrors if I'm honest. My last car (C-Crosser) had a function where once you'd got out of the car you could press the "lock" button twice and the mirrors would fold in - if you held the button it would also close all the windows. That was on a 2007 car so I was surprised with this much newer car not having a similar function. Bit of a "1st World Problem" to have though Laughing

dave_h

Back to top Go down

Post by dave_h on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:19 pm

JOHNWALES wrote:Do the aftermarket covers come with security locks ???    At £31 they would be lucky to survive beyond 10 p.m.

I thought £31 was a bloody bargain to be honest!

dave_h

Back to top Go down

Wing mirror painted bit replacement cost? Empty Plastic priced similar to gold

Post by Tony's here on Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:16 am

Admin wrote:No idea on the individual prices for the SZ5 but a brushed alloy pair as fitted to the S model is £155.10

SUZUKI GB wrote:DOOR MIRROR COVER SET
Two-piece set.
For cars with mirror blinkers available
Brushed aluminium design
Part No. 990E0-86R01-QAK

https://shopcars.suzuki.co.uk/suzuki/new-vitara/84728-61m20-qak-door-mirror-cover-set-brushed-aluminium-look-finish.html

Karl

Have been quoted £162.60 for nearside brushed aluminium finish indicator type cover Shocked after falling branch cracked mine, no thanks says I. Sourced a good second hand one on Ebay in White, does anyone know the actual paint code/colour of the silver item, is it the same as a Suzuki standard body paint or is it something obscure?

Tony's here

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:28 am

The colour code is usually the last three digits of a part number although QAK is Sizuki Avalanche White
I don't think the finish is a standard paint as it seems a frosted finish, you could enquire how much it is to have both mirror caps vinyl wrapped in a Silver frost so they matched?
The price you have been quoted is for two mirror caps but I have not seen the individual part number

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:42 am

Just enquired with a friend at Suzuki about colour code and part numbers which he will try for tomorrow , he did however send  me this picture of one he has for sale...

Wing mirror painted bit replacement cost? Img_2083
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wing mirror painted bit replacement cost? Empty Sod it

Post by Tony's here on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:46 pm

Thanks for replies, thought it was so random didn't think to ask on here😢 did your friend indicate a cost, if paint job out ways purchase and post may as well go with ready made item. Silver an odd colour for mirrors anyway as car is red Boosterjet with Black rubbing strips, bumpers etc, any external trim not Black is shiny chrome, oriental taste I suppose......or cheap option Very Happy

Tony's here

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:56 pm

I will send him a message and see what he says
I think the silver mirror caps are a style thing to differentiate between the S model and the SZ range......I recall Audi have similar brushed alloy effect mirrors on higher spec cars

Will post once he has replied re cost

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony's here on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Karl being the very nice go to guy he is has sorted me out a pretty silver mirror cover therefore I now have a White one which I no longer require, any takers?

Tony's here

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down