Article 13, Last New Car

Go down

Article 13, Last New Car Empty Article 13, Last New Car

Post by graham04 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:52 am

Yippee the EU has done it again. It wont be long before every vehicle will be rolling along with an exact gap, permission will be needed to turn off, or even a route plan required for every journey. I think I will keep the one I have and drive it into the ground.  Will it stop accidents ? I bet it doesn't.
We are all doomed, doomed .  Wise words from Dad's Army........

graham04

Posts : 325
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Article 13, Last New Car Empty Re: Article 13, Last New Car

Post by nib4722 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:12 pm

Yet more big brother is watching you . Without starting a political argument , why on earth do people want to stay part of the EU ?

nib4722

Posts : 46
Join date : 2017-03-26

Back to top Go down

Article 13, Last New Car Empty Re: Article 13, Last New Car

Post by Yorkshire pud on Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:26 pm

I'm sure some clever person will find a quick way to subvert the software that manages your speed !
Yorkshire pud
Yorkshire pud

Posts : 167
Join date : 2017-10-16
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Article 13, Last New Car Empty Re: Article 13, Last New Car

Post by hicky on Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:45 pm

yes your right they will.we used to pull a fuse on our artics so we could do what speed we wanted.stuff the limiter.lol

hicky

Posts : 296
Join date : 2016-03-19
Age : 72
Location : essex

Back to top Go down

Article 13, Last New Car Empty Re: Article 13, Last New Car

Post by RichK on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:18 pm

Limiters that read road speed signs eh, I'm going to stick a 30 sign on the back of my car, that'll stop tailgating Wink

RichK

Posts : 187
Join date : 2015-05-19
Location : Worcestershire

Back to top Go down

Article 13, Last New Car Empty Re: Article 13, Last New Car

Post by graham04 on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:52 pm

Here is an interesting link giving information on the current situation. One thing I did pick up is that 30% of deaths on European roads are speed related, so what about the other 70%.  
https://www.acea.be/news/article/fac...ation-revision

graham04

Posts : 325
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Article 13, Last New Car Empty Re: Article 13, Last New Car

Post by graham04 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:19 pm

As the initial clamour dies down here is another link  . Seems as if the automatic speed reducer will never get off the ground, a bit like an automatic Boeing !  The black box might be interesting for prosecutions but if you have a dash cam then its very much the same. And yes I have one fitted.

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-19-1793_en.htm

graham04

Posts : 325
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Article 13, Last New Car Empty Re: Article 13, Last New Car

Post by Fin69 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:06 pm

I wonder if all the people who are getting upset over this realise they probably already have a device in their vehicle that records every journey they make, every time they go over the speed limit, every time they slam on the brakes when they see a speed camera, and has the potential in the not so distant future to be used in evidence against them?

Is called a mobile phone.

Fin69

Posts : 82
Join date : 2016-04-12

Back to top Go down

Article 13, Last New Car Empty Re: Article 13, Last New Car

Post by JOHNWALES on Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:51 pm

There is a speed limiter on the current Vitara, and apparently the new device will work in a similar way. Pushing your foot to the floor will over ride the mechanism and allow you to accelerate beyond the speed limit. This allows you to get out of trouble while over taking, and to approach the speed of motorway vehicles when joining from an access junction.
NOW !!! Is this a potential danger ? I say yes, because people will abuse the over ride and drive for several minutes with their foot on the floor, and any movement from the maximum speed position will quickly bring their car back down to the speed limit in force, and run the risk of a shunt at both ends.

JOHNWALES

Posts : 424
Join date : 2016-01-27
Age : 75
Location : CARMARTHEN

Back to top Go down

Article 13, Last New Car Empty Re: Article 13, Last New Car

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum