Front window had problems going down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Front window had problems going down Empty Front window had problems going down

Post by Jtfab75 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:10 pm

Just put the car away tonight and I noticed the drivers window didn’t go all the way down. It took 4-5 goes’s for it to work properly. Can I do anything to it ?

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Front window had problems going down Empty Re: Front window had problems going down

Post by Admin on Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Do you use a local hand car wash or a strong chemical on your jetwash?
Had a few where the rubbers have dried out from incorrectly mixed cleaners
Try a rubber treatment like Gummi Pflege or Halfords do a Silicone spray that could regenerate the window rubbers

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Front window had problems going down Empty Re: Front window had problems going down

Post by Jtfab75 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:53 pm

I’ve only washed it once but I’ll check the rubbers tomorrow. Thanks for the help

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Souter on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:23 am

The car is brand new, take it back to the dealer.
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:55 am

I tried it this morning and it sounded like plastic breaking so another trip to the dealer.

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:29 am

Just been to Luscombe in Leeds, they had the door card off and the window worked, they put the the card back on and got me in the garage to see it working, I said there was definitely a sound of plastic breaking or bending so they had another look. The service manager showed me a video of the window working with the door card removed and it was ok , no broken plastic anywhere.

So got my key , I tested it before I left and the window wouldn’t go down all the way and there was a sound of the glass touching plastic ! I opened the door and the window worked !, close the door again the window wouldn’t go down BUT then I open the door with the window down and the DOOR wouldn’t open !!! I put the window up and door opened ! The mechanic who looked at my car, saw I had problems so came over to have a look, he then noticed the black plastic door strap was damaged! This was making the plastic noise when the window went down.

The service manager came out , took some photo’s . He asked if the wind had blown it open but I would have a noticed a sound of plastic snapping. I’m hoping it’s a warranty job !

Photo’s enclosed

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:30 am

Front window had problems going down Ffca8510
Front window had problems going down 9d8e6510

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:30 am

That will be your noise/jamming then
The pre 18/19 facelift Vitara has different door check straps to the plastic ones now fitted
The only reason I can see for this (other than cost) is that the plastic is breakable therefore not causing any damage to the A pillar if the wind was to catch the door whilst opening it
I have seen many rental Vitaras (and other cars) that have had serious A pillar damage due to strong winds, most rental cars even have a warning on the door or dash

Front window had problems going down Screen20

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:42 am

In 22 year’s driving 8 car’s this has never happened. Build quality is very poor ! I think it happened Saturday when it was pouring down, I opened the door very quickly to get in.
It better be a warranty job !

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:43 am

I have always thougt that the doors open to easily. I'd like to have more resistance from the door check straps. At least at the half way "stop". Anyone has a solution for this?

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:10 pm

Jtfab75 wrote:In 22 year’s driving 8 car’s this has never happened. Build quality is very poor ! I think it happened Saturday when it was pouring down, I opened the door very quickly to get in.
It better be a warranty job !

Unfortunately cars in general are not what they used to be, nowadays they have great economy, powerful small engines and very high safety standards but this does come at the cost of lightweight materials and crumple zones that in their design take away the strength of older vehicles

Your obviously one of the few not impressed with the Vitara (strangely I think they were a Luscombe customer) throw it back at the dealers and buy something else, I'm sure you have 28days by law

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:35 pm

This is my 2nd one. The first was rejected after 25 days, I had this one for 2 months.

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:53 pm

Definitely throw it back and buy something else, there appears to be a pattern forming?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:03 pm

I tested several similar car’s over 12 months, only the Vitara suited my needs ! I read reviews from owners and everyone said it was ok. I wish I stuck with my Hyundai i10 !

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:03 pm

I wonder if it's possible to retrofit the pre 2018/19 door check straps - especially if they're metal.
Can't check ours at the moment - partners got the car at work.
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:11 pm

JDVitara wrote:I wonder if it's possible to retrofit the pre 2018/19 door check straps - especially if they're metal.
Can't check ours at the moment - partners got the car at work.
They are also plastic, but look a bit different. Perhaps metal inside.
You can see them here: http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t677-aliexpress-door-hinge-covers

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytecat on Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:08 am

Admin wrote:Definitely throw it back and buy something else, there appears to be a pattern forming?

Karl

Agree, someone needs to divorce someone here thumbl

Whytecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:43 pm

I’m still waiting for the part to get to the dealer and for Suzuki GB to say if it’s a warranty job or not. In the mean time could owners of 2019 post photos of their drIver door check straps please.
Thanks

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:34 pm

The check door strap was fixed today , the dealer said it would pay for the part and the work. Sadly the window still won’t go down, it appears the door isn’t straight so needs to go to the body shop. Will find out tomorrow if it’s a warranty job, it should be cause the strap failed.

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:02 pm

Front window had problems going down 5b89bb10

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:05 am

YouTube showing the window not going down
https://youtu.be/7PYTPDZBhyA

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:01 pm

2nd check strap has broke !

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Sun May 05, 2019 3:52 pm

I went to a local body shop a few days ago, they are a Approved Suzuki Repairer ( I didn’t know until I got there) the boss looked at the door and said it was ok, no wind damage , door not bent. He told me to go to Appleyard in Bradford, they had a look too and said the door was ok, so I’m off there Tuesday to let them investigate.

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Mon May 13, 2019 5:54 pm

All fixed but I had to pay £86 for the work, Suzuki Warranty said it wouldn’t pay cause there was damage on the inside ! Funny that the damage was on the inside of the door and nothing on the outside ! Oh well , it took 2 months to sort it, I wish I took it to the independent body shop it would have been fixed in 2 weeks.

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by bazahazano on Mon May 13, 2019 10:26 pm

What was the "damage"? Bent metal work?
bazahazano
bazahazano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next