Interior Fuses

Go down

Interior Fuses Empty Interior Fuses

Post by theforestdweller on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:49 pm

I've just spent an extremely frustrating hour or so searching for the interior fuses - I can't find them Embarassed . I've removed and looked under both the sides of the dashboard, as the manual (7-60)  refers to LHD vehicles only and I thought it possible that RHD vehicles might not necessarily be the same ie fuses under the steering wheel.

Can anyone enlighten me please - I'm feeling extremely stupid and not a little annoyed at failing such a simple task.

Reason for needing access is to piggy back a suitable fuse to power my DashCam. I don't want wires on show so won't be using the supplied cigarette lighter adapter.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Interior Fuses Empty Re: Interior Fuses

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:46 pm

I have yet to look for the fuses but will take a look tomorrow, just a heads up is your piggy back mini or micro fuse? Made the mistake recently that later Suzuki's use micro fuses and not the mini fuse I had the piggy back to suit ☹
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Hi Karl - Having checked the fuses under the bonnet, they are "micro" so have ordered a piggy back in that size - I appreciate the tipoff though Smile. I'm going over to Stirling Suzuki tomorrow to find out about the fuse but primarily to get some black touch up paint for a stone chip on the "A" pillar - sounded like a gun going off when it hit, just missing the windscreen  Shocked.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by beemt on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:04 pm

Hi Forestdweller,

In my LHD drive Vitara I found the interior fuses on the utmost left inside of the vehicle. About 10 cm behind en 5 cm above the hood release handle. Covered by a little black plastic rectangular cover, surprisingly small. I had to remove some plastic parts under my steering wheel to reach that position.
If they're not located in the same relative position to your hood handle you might have to mirror this to the other side of your vehicle behind the glove box.

Hope this helps. Otherwise please let me know.
Marc

beemt

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:41 pm

Thanks for that Marc Smile . I've looked at both sides of the car, left and right, and didn't see anything, but I think with your description I may have missed them. Not a very friendly place to put them if this turns out to be the case  Sad.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by beemt on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:56 pm

Indeed, not a friendly place at all. I was surprised that they are hidden that far in our friendly vehicle. Good luck!

beemt

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:22 pm

Have not been able to see for myself yet, but apparently the interior fuses are in the same position on all Vitara's, so for us in the UK they are located under the glove box. Remove the 4 studs holding the trim in place under the glove box and fuses are under a cover on left hand side.

Weather's too mucky for me to go outside and confirm - information came from Suzuki dealership.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:46 pm

I can confirm that the fuses are on the left hand side (passenger side in the UK). The fuse box cover does not allow installation of a "piggyback" fuse without some modification, ie cut a hole in the top! All now done with dashcam piggybacked onto fuse 15, one of the accessory fuses, using a 3 amp fuse in conjunction with the existing 15amp fuse.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by plunet on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Have also discovered that the fuses are not where the manual says they are...

For a dashcam install, have others just gone with a piggyback fuse as @theforestdweller did above, or did you do something else. I would be interested in giving the dashcam a permanent live, via another accessory that would regulate the voltage and prevent it from completely draining the battery, do others have any suggestions on how best to achieve this? Thanks...

plunet

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Plunet; do you mean 'draining the dash cam battery' or the 'car battery ' please ?

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by plunet on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Sorry John, it would be the car battery that could end up being drained (after several days) - the dashcam has just a very small battery to maintain basic functions for a few minutes when removed from the car but this is not enough for it to sustain any recording operations.

plunet

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:09 pm

Ok Plunet thanks for the feed back. I think I am going to remove the dash cam altogether. I have been a little concerned about running the dash cam and my Tom Tom from the same outlet in case I blow a fuse. I do not want to put a drain on my battery particularly with the Winter approaching !!!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveness on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:05 am

theforestdweller having successfully done this to a RHD car, which parts did you have to remove to get to it? I've removed the glove box and can see the fuse box but looks like I would need to remove quite a few other parts to comfortable get to it. Or did you just squeeze a hand through the gap?
Loveness
Loveness

Back to top Go down

Post by crozier on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:09 pm

Look here

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t554-fusebox-schematic-incorrect

You don't need to remove the glovebox, just the small trim panel below it. Removal tweezers and spare fuses are in the lid of the engine-bay fusebox

crozier

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveness on Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Thanks Crozier!

What point did you all use as a ground point?
Loveness
Loveness

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down