Does AA continue after 1st service?

Go down

Does AA continue after 1st service? Empty Does AA continue after 1st service?

Post by Jtfab75 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi, when I bought my car I was told the AA cover will continue for another 12 months after the car has been serviced at the dealer. I took out a service plan too. Is this correct ? I can’t find no info about this. Thanks

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Does AA continue after 1st service? Empty Re: Does AA continue after 1st service?

Post by philglt on Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:25 pm

My dealer used to pay for a second year after the first service, but unfortunately as I found out, no longer does!
I have just taken out the AA cheap offer of basic cover for £39, plus a £20 M&S voucher, for one year cover. It will cost more for a further year, as this is an introductory offer.This is my first car for many years without at least three years of cover.

Phil

philglt

Back to top Go down

Does AA continue after 1st service? Empty Re: Does AA continue after 1st service?

Post by Jtfab75 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:49 am

My last car was an Hyundai which came with 5 year breakdown cover but I never used it .

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:26 pm

If you take your Suzuki to a dealer for service work or an MOT. They should be giving you AA lite cover free of charge. It covers;

Tow - up to 10 miles to nearest dealer
Roadside cover
Home start

They CANNOT charge you for it. And by way of dealer standards. They MUST give it to you, if you activate it or not.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by blastpipe on Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanks for that Gar Green. Will take that up when the car is a year old. Looks like you can upgrade to full AA too at a reduced price

https://cars.suzuki.co.uk/owners/maintaining-your-suzuki/roadside-assistance/

blastpipe

Back to top Go down

Post by philglt on Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Unfortunately, in the link provided is this little note: *Participating Suzuki Service Centres

I assume that this is the get- out used by my dealer. I received a letter with Suzuki headings before the end of my first year, warning that the AA- provided Suzuki Assistance was coming to an end . This letter was actually signed as from AA Roadside Services and urged me to call an 0800 number for continued cover from the AA.

The person I spoke to at the AA asked who my dealer was and told me that this dealer, he thought, offered continuation of cover with the Suzuk Lite.So, on booking my first service I enquired and was told that they did have that cover and I could get the necessary activation code after the service. However, after the service I was told that this was not now offered. A later telephone call from me to the dealer confirmed this.
It is all rather confusing and unsatisfactory, but is probably more trouble to argue about than I wish to do currently.At the end of the day, next time around, I can spend my money elsewhere.

Phil

philglt

Back to top Go down

Post by Fin69 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:06 pm

See what cover and the cost your insurance provider charges.

I have full UK breakdown cover, Home Start and Onward relay included with mine and it worked out far cheaper then any of the big players. For reference my fully comp cover and UK breakdown is £298.

On the only occasion I've used it, Green Flag attended.

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by blastpipe on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:10 am

If this is something that is important to anyone then worth asking around before you book your annual service or mot.

I haven't enquired with my dealer yet..but they already offer free full AA with their Nissan dealership (in the same building) so fingers crossed all will be ok.

blastpipe

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:43 pm

I took up the AA offer after the first service but didn't bother on the second service as we have a family policy with Aviva covering me and the wife in any vehicle as a driver or passenger. I believe Suzuki/AA is only assist and not full recovery which to me wouldn't be much good if I had a non repairable at the roadside breakdown and was 100 miles from home.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down