Spacesaver fitted

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spacesaver fitted - Page 2 Empty Re: Spacesaver fitted

Post by graham04 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:40 pm

If you have a 1.4s then the tpms will be standard. No valve then pressure warning light on all the time. So as you say emergency only, the thread for the bolt will probably be similar to other models and makes , try fleabay for a longer one that will do the job.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgrimsby on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:38 am

Thanks for reply, I'm getting a long coupler nut and 8mm stud bar for wheel anchor, I've had a look on ebay for tpms valves, around £35 ish which can wait, I'm a bit miffed with national Autocare tyre shop for recommending the tyres, they're OK but classed as summer tyres! I asked for all season! But they're good tyres and the tread is identical to the originals as far as I can see! I asked to see the tyre that was beyond repair even though puncture was in middle of tread but they had thrown it out. Grrrr, they said screw penetrated at an angle and thus was not plugable? I have doubts but then I just don't trust garages.

mrgrimsby

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:47 am

Return the tyres if they are not All Season as you asked for, too many tyre centres get away with supplying what is available to them and not what the customer asked for, I doubt National were cheap either, a continuous eco 5 should have been around  £95?
As for the repair there are other options rather than just plugging a tyre, they could have vulcanised a patch on the inside of the tyre which would make no difference to the way the screw had punctured the tyre............also I doubt many punctured tyres are damaged at a 45 degree angle as they are suggesting plugs work at?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgrimsby on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:17 am

The repair is gone now Karl, I'm not assertive enough either, having said that the Isle of Wight is a small place and bad service will affect a business so I will let people know what I think.

mrgrimsby

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:13 pm

Hey guys,

I know that space savers are better than the 'goo in a can' puncture repair. However have you ever considered going full sized.

I picked up a genuine Misti alloy for £60 off e-bay and fitted a part worn Conti OEM size tyre and TPMS sensor. Not a huge expense, it is only a spare and i hope i never have to use it, but saves the hassle and considerations of using a space saver, i.e. Puncture-change- carry on as normal...

A full sized spare fits under the top boot cover, however i did have to remove the intermediate thin flimsy boot liner. I filled the space in and around the spare with out of sight junk.
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgrimsby on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:58 pm

I done just the same but without tpms sensor kwikphix, couldn't afford tpms sensor after national tyres and Autocare took all my money for 2 tyres !

mrgrimsby

Back to top Go down

Post by crozier on Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:16 pm

mrgrimsby wrote:Thanks Crozier, do you mean TPMS valve for pressure monitoring? I can live without one I think? The tyre is fitted and inflated now with standard valve which will be fine for emergency use I guess? How do you secure your wheel? The spacesaver 8mm screwdown is too short with big wheel.?

Yes, the TPMS valve. I didn't fit one, and like you; I can live without it

I bodged an extension to the screwdown using a 8mm hex bolt with an allen key soldered into it. Ugly but functional. Just like me Razz

crozier

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:50 am

kwikphix328 wrote:Hey guys,

I know that space savers are better than the 'goo in a can' puncture repair. However have you ever considered going full sized.

I picked up a genuine Misti alloy for £60 off e-bay and fitted a part worn Conti OEM size tyre and TPMS sensor. Not a huge expense, it is only a spare and i hope i never have to use it, but saves the hassle and considerations of using a space saver, i.e. Puncture-change- carry on as normal...

A full sized spare fits under the top boot cover, however i did have to remove the intermediate thin flimsy boot liner. I filled the space in and around the spare with out of sight junk.  

That's a bargain, well done.
Been looking for a reasonable price one myself for ages.
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by tony4563 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:32 am

My space saver tyre that I ordered from ebay came yesterday.
Absolutely brand new and complete with jack, screw and accessories in polystyrene holder.
I paid £135 delivered which I thought was a bargain compared to buying from the Suzuki dealer.
Just waiting for the car to put in now! lol
Thanks for everyones help.

tony4563

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgrimsby on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:22 am

Bargain! Let's hope you never have to use it!

mrgrimsby

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:37 pm

Who is the seller id on ebay?
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by tony4563 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:48 pm

The seller on ebay is batoripeter86

I may have possibly got the last one for now but it's worth getting in touch with Peter.

Really nice guy to communicate with

tony4563

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 am

Many thanks.
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content