3rd year service and mot

Go down

3rd year service and mot Empty 3rd year service and mot

Post by hicky on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:00 pm

right lads got 3yr service plus mot coming up.what do I do because I am keeping the car so that does not affect the warranty because it would run out.i am seriously thinking of going from my Suzuki dealer because of the cost of mot and service. if I went to a reputable garage and could get it a lot cheaper would that be advisable.what do you think. I paid over the odds last year after comments from people on here. cheers

hicky

Back to top Go down

3rd year service and mot Empty Re: 3rd year service and mot

Post by Gar Green on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:36 pm

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t412-vitara-service-requirements-years-1-3?highlight=Service

If you can swing a spanner, do it yourself. Here’s a link for what’s required.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:33 pm

love to do it myself gareth but I am to old mate .lol Shocked Very Happy

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Janwal on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:50 pm

These days you don’t have to have a car serviced at main dealers for warranty etc. I bought my S as an ex demo on a pcp as it was 0% and I could pick my own balloon payment. I asked both suzuki and my local dealer as I have not had a pcp before and they both told me I could have it serviced by my own garage as long as they use recommended parts which my garage does.They give me printout of what they use to show that they have. I will have it motd by the dealer as I is offered free when you use suzuki finance!

Janwal

Back to top Go down

3rd year service and mot Empty Pollen filter 34 months and 20k miles

Post by graham04 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:01 pm

3rd year service and mot 20190210

Should have been changed sooner I think. Glad I decided to change it myself.

Non standard but good quality filter complete with photo instructions to fit. £10.79 from Europarts

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:11 pm

right had 3rd service and mot .done with well spoke about local garage.got a good result as well.suzuki wanted £259 for service without mot was going to give me a full price when I booked it.so went to this well respected local man who quoted me £210 all in mot as well.on finished job knocked 30£ off price because he said it was such an easy job as my car had only done 13250 mls in 3 yrs result.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by terryk on Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:53 pm

I can't see what incentive there is to have your regular Suzuki garage complete the 3rd service & MOT, if the warranty is due to run out around the same time. Unless it was possible to negotiate an extension to the warranty for a ridiculously low price!
terryk
terryk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fin69 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:00 pm

Not sure on Suzukis stance on this, but with VAG if you suffer an issue in years 4 & 5, they tend to be a little more receptive to a Goodwill Gesture if the vehicle had a FDSH for the duration of the warranty. Those that didn't get the benefit tended to service their vehicles at independents or home service.

I still get my vehicle serviced at my local dealership, but that's due to them offering their own services for vehicles over 3 years old at way less than half the price of their franchised prices, and on a par with local independents.

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down