SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Empty SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA!

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:08 pm

With snow already falling in parts of the UK and more to come show us your Vitara in the snow!

Today at Stiperstones Shropshire and Offas Dyke Powys...

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Img_2049

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Img_2050

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Img_2048

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Img_2051

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Img_2052
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Empty Re: SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA!

Post by JSF on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:57 am

Congratulations. I wish the snow would be so much,....
SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! 110
SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! 210
... otherwise VITARA will not enjoy the pleasure Laughing Laughing Laughing
JSF
JSF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErNWlgoVyMs

Back to top Go down

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Empty Re: SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA!

Post by sakke on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:35 am

Greetings from Helsinki, Finland. Picture taken on Tuesday morning, January 29th, 2019, when I found an empty street side parking space for my Vitara near my working place in the center of Helsinki. Lock mode on and stability control off because right side wheels were partly on 40 cm deep snow bank Very Happy

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Img_1810

Today there were 10 cm more snow but again I found a spot for my Vitara.

Last edited by sakke on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected some typos, edited a photo)
sakke
sakke

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:46 am

Loving these pictures - nice work thumbl

Still no snow here, but hoping for some to add some pics.

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcar1979 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 pm

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! 2019-010

waiting for more snow in oxfordshire.
bigcar1979
bigcar1979

Back to top Go down

Post by JSF on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:38 pm

Das ist fantastisch thumbl
JSF
JSF

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytecat on Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:52 am

bigcar1979 wrote:SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! 2019-010

waiting for more snow in oxfordshire.
Lock mode on and stability control off because left side wheels were partly on 0.4mm deep snow bank Very Happy

couldnt resist it Smile

Whytecat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcar1979 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:05 am

Whytecat. Haha. Smile
bigcar1979
bigcar1979

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcar1979 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:11 am

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! 20190211
SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! 20190212
SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! 20190210

Bit better. Smile
bigcar1979
bigcar1979

Back to top Go down

Post by JSF on Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:56 pm

But not enough thumbl
JSF
JSF

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:49 pm

Anyone using winter tyres or like me All Season ?

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by JSF on Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:25 pm

Bridgestone Blizzak WS80
JSF
JSF

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Jtfab75 wrote:Anyone using winter tyres or like me All Season ?
Well, since I'm in Sweden I have to use winter tyres. Both for legal and safety reasons. At the moment I have Michelin Alpin 5 but next week I'm on GoodYear UltraGrip Ice 2. The GoodYears are "Nordic Winter Tyres" meaning for "real" winter. And I'll soon be going to the north for a ski trip. After that there might be a snow picture.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:42 am

STDI are you allowed studded tyres in Sweden?
I am always amazed how dedicated ice tyres are not as aggressive as you would imagine, the Goodyear's Ultragrip Ice 2 appear to be the same...

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! F8f39310

I have just fitted my winter tyres to my Suzuki Carry (Yokohama Icegrip IG50 Studless) and even in deep snow the traction is so good for such a non aggressive tyre...

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Img_2054

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:24 am

Yes, studded tyres are ok in Sweden. I live in south of Sweden where winters normally are around freezing. I drive much more on wet winter roads than on snow. Some think that's when you really need the studs because of the risk of black ice. I try to reduce speed but you sure can be surprised.

The past twenty years I have had one set of summer wheels and two sets of winter wheels. The winter tyres have been of middle European type like the Alpin 5. Thanks to the two sets I always have had fairly new tyres during winter and used the worn set during spring and autumn.

My plans where the same for the Vitara so I have three sets of rims. I have used the Michelin Alpin 5 for 15 000 km, so still good tyres. But now I want to try a Nordic type of tyre. They are better in snow and on ice but not as good on wet roads. But they have improved lately and GoodYear UltraGrip Ice 2 has proven very good in most conditions in several tests. I agree that they don't look aggressive. But that's also probably why they still are good on wet and dry roads.

Choosing tyres is always a compromize. But it's much more than the design that's important. Nordic tyres are much softer than middle European, hence better on snow and ice but not as good on wet and dry roads. Studded tyres normally are a bit harder and can't use all the small grooves that non studded tyres have. There is no room for them because of the studs. And tyres for real off road use are certainly not designed for winter conditions, even if they look very aggresive.

Another conclusion from my two winters with the AllGrip Vitara is that everything feels very good when driving on snow and ice. BUT you still drive too fast sometimes and you need to break. And that's not better with AllGrip or any 4WD. So you might get too confident with 4WD.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:32 am

Great photos, chaps !
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:35 pm

I agree. Too much text lately. I promise I'll be back with snow pictures when I've been up north.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytecat on Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:13 am

Fitted Alpin 5's & disappointed not to have had any snow is Essex ! - However they are really good in the wet & cold so confirms to me that winter tyres are not just for snow but a necessity for safe winter driving.

Will get the Contis back on April-ish & will definitely get another winter or possibly two out of the Alpin 5's

(I do approx 20k miles a year)

Whytecat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcar1979 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:47 pm

Jtfab75 wrote:Anyone using winter tyres or like me All Season ?

Nokian WR D3 for me
bigcar1979
bigcar1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:21 pm

I saw a Citroen yesterday with some Riken Snow tyres on it which I have only ever seen on Japanese web sites ( and the Japanese know a thing or two about 4wd & winter tyres)

Turns out Riken is/was a Japanese tyre company that is now under the wing of Michelin

The tyres I saw were Riken Snow and are available in both 215/60R16 and 215/55R17 and quite reasonable prices

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Screen16

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Screen17

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Screen18

Trying to find out a tyre test to see how they compare to the more regular winter tyres

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog66 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:50 am

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Snow_v10

Don't see a great deal of snow down south and I missed out, as I was skiing in Austria, on the customary 3cms that bring the country to a standstill! My BH sent me this whilst there and the people I stayed with just laughed!
maddog66
maddog66

Back to top Go down

Post by tkot on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 am

Greetings from Finland. We have had enough snow this year!

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Suzuki10

SNOW PICTURES........SHOW US YOUR VITARA! Suzuki11

tkot

Back to top Go down

Post by JSF on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:36 am

I really want to Finland!!! thumbl
JSF
JSF

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:46 pm

Now that is what you call a proper amount of snow thumbl

Still not a flake here, no chance of proving those CrossClimates were worth buying! Sad

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtfab75 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:43 pm

You will notice CrossClimates in the wet , I had them on my old car and they were fantastic. I’ve got Continental All Season on my current car now and again they’re very good.

Jtfab75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next