Roof mounted light bars

Go down

Roof mounted light bars Empty Roof mounted light bars

Post by Joakim on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:48 am

Hi, I have searched the web but have not been able to find any roof mounts for LED light bars for the vitara.
Does anybody know where to find them if they exist?
Pics ot the type im looking for:
Roof mounted light bars Gutter10
Roof mounted light bars Roof10

Joakim

Back to top Go down

Roof mounted light bars Empty Re: Roof mounted light bars

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Other than LED bars mounted on a roof rack I have yet to see any bespoke Vitara roof light mountings
The only two auxilery lighting products I know of are the Qpax….

Roof mounted light bars Psamql10

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t189-qpax-light-bars-sweden

And the Lazer LED light system used by Suzuki Norway...

Roof mounted light bars 14_12410

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t604-vitara-expedition-norway?highlight=norway

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Joakim on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:08 pm

Thanks Karl!
I live on the edge of the forrest, with national parks close by and we have much deer and boar running, so even though i have never had a car with as good lights original as my Vitara i thin the reach would be very good if it was roof mounted. I would like them to light up the sides of the road as well so that i can see them coming running up on the road.
See my bad paint trys to show what i meen
Roof mounted light bars Tak110

Joakim

Back to top Go down

Post by Joakim on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Roof mounted light bars Tak211

Joakim

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:42 pm

My car looks original. But it's modified.
Dipped beams are original LED.
High beams halogen are replaced with 55 W HID Xenons.
Xenons are a bit slow to full power so the fog lights are replaced with small lights for distance. Wired with the high beam. The lamps in those are LED.
I have the best light I have ever seen in a car still looking original.

Joakim, you know I live close to you. So if you want to compare lights we can meet in the woods a dark night. affraid

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:57 pm

As above with STDI my Vitara looks standard but high beam and fog I have upgraded with the later version Fanless LED bulbs

Roof mounted light bars Screen13

The main beam LED is a far superior light than the yellow halogen bulbs and the fog lights I would not say are a fog light anymore but an auxiliary lamp that lights up the side of the road like you said you were after
I do have a single row LED bar that I intend to fit but still working on a subtle fitment

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:46 pm

How about a bull bar, to protect the front of the car from anything you don't see run across the roads and maybe a custom or aftermarket led set up on the top part of it?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-VITARA-2015-HIGH-BULL-BAR-NUDGE-BAR-A-BAR-STAINLESS-STEEL-/272765930768

Or, the Thule roof bars fitted as close to the front as possible and LED's fitted onto that? I'd also add a deep boot liner for any road kill you come across ready for the freezer!

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:19 pm

Woodking wrote:....... I'd also add a deep boot liner for any road kill you come across ready for the freezer!

We're back on the Vitara Ranger path again lol!

Roof mounted light bars 14351310

Roof mounted light bars 0510
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joakim on Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:52 am

STDI wrote:My car looks original. But it's modified.
Xenons are a bit slow to full power so the fog lights are replaced with small lights for distance. Wired with the high beam. The lamps in those are LED.

Joakim, you know I live close to you. So if you want to compare lights we can meet in the woods a dark night. affraid

STDI I might take you up on that! Could be fun to see the difference, even though i would prefer the roof mounted with good side lights,
I live close to some big estates that have deerhunting so we have deers running all over the place and it would be good to see them before they come jumping up on the road. Also what does MOT say about your LED conversion? I did an Led conversion on my swifts fog-lights and had to change it back after failing MOT.
And Karl, I guess its kind of the same idea as the ranger vitara, im a bit tempted to get AT tires and a 25 mm lift kit, but not sure yet!

Joakim

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:20 pm

Joakim wrote:
STDI wrote:My car looks original. But it's modified.

STDI I might take you up on that! Could be fun to see the difference, even though i would prefer the roof mounted with good side lights,
I live close to some big estates that have deerhunting so we have deers running all over the place and it would be good to see them before they come jumping up on the road. Also what does MOT say about your LED conversion? I did an Led conversion on my swifts fog-lights and had to change it back after failing MOT.
And Karl, I guess its kind of the same idea as the ranger vitara, im a bit tempted to get AT tires and a 25 mm lift kit, but not sure yet!
The changes I have made are not (fully) legal. Almost no LED or xenon-conversion is. But in real life I don't expect any problems with MOT since the changes are only on the high beams. Note that my fog lights no longer are fog lights. They can only be lit together with high beams. And MOT "never" check high beams.

Contact me via PM and we can compare lights.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by arjiba on Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:34 am

Not on the roof, but you can always DIY

Roof mounted light bars 5a9e5a10

arjiba

Back to top Go down

Post by helmievitara on Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:05 pm

What happens if you open the bonnet? Does the lamp hit he windscreen or the bonnet hit the lamp?
helmievitara
helmievitara

Back to top Go down

Post by arjiba on Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:23 pm

Nope! Made them so that they do not interfere with normal usage of the bonnet.
They are mounted right on the hinges. So no drilling or heavy modifications required.

I also looked at tons of mounts and brackets and never found any for my Vitara. I specifically wanted them to be on the hinges of the bonnet, so had to design and fabricate them myself. The only hard part was getting the bends and angles right. (They have between 4-5 so getting one wrong messes up the whole setup)

arjiba

Back to top Go down

Post by helmievitara on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:53 pm

arjiba wrote:Nope! Made them so that they do not interfere with normal usage of the bonnet.
They are mounted right on the hinges. So no drilling or heavy modifications required.

I also looked at tons of mounts and brackets and never found any for my Vitara.  I specifically wanted them to be on the hinges of the bonnet, so had to design and fabricate them myself. The only hard part was getting the bends and angles right. (They have between 4-5 so getting one wrong messes up the whole setup)
Nice job! I wondered what it was attached to.
helmievitara
helmievitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Shenanigans on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:20 pm

In currently doing the same. Hopefully have a roof rack coming soon so looking at possible ways of mounting.
Curious to see where they hid the cables...
Roof mounted light bars Screen11

Roof mounted light bars 9abdfe10

Shenanigans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down