Front and rear parking sensors...isolate?

Go down

Front and rear parking sensors...isolate? Empty Front and rear parking sensors...isolate?

Post by helmievitara on Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:30 pm

Question Just a question for those with SZ-T / SZ5 model. We collect the new SCross next week and I wondered if it is possible to isolate the parking sensors or shut off the beeps, especially as the car also has a reversing camera like our present Vitara. My wife does not like them and does not know that the SCross has them fitted. She had a loan car a few years ago that had them and was driven mental by the beeping that started as soon as the car was within 10 feet of a wire fence. She has never reversed into anything and has driven for over 30 years and, although I say it myself, she is a good driver and does not need all these ad on features.
helmievitara
helmievitara

Back to top Go down

Front and rear parking sensors...isolate? Empty Re: Front and rear parking sensors...isolate?

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:29 pm

On the Vitara SZ-5 and S there is a disable button on the dash you have to press after each start
Also in the main menu there is an option on the rear to disable for trailer mode but no complete disable and I'm guessing the S-cross is the same
One thing I will say is that the factory fitted front and rear sensors (with visual aid in clocks/speedo) are far less sensitive and a more subtle beep than the "option" or aftermarket parking sensors

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Front and rear parking sensors...isolate? Empty Re: Front and rear parking sensors...isolate?

Post by STDI on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:09 am

helmievitara wrote:
...10 feet ....
Manual wrote:
The sensors can detect an obstacle up to about 1 m (3 ft) from the front of the vehicle, or about 1.5 (5 ft) from the rear of vehicle.
I am the best driver in the world and don't need features like TPMS och parking sensors. But still they have "saved" me a couple of times.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down