Anybody fitted Rear View Mirror Dash Cam ?

Go down

Anybody fitted Rear View Mirror Dash Cam ?  Empty Anybody fitted Rear View Mirror Dash Cam ?

Post by kwikphix328 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi

Has anybody fitted an aftermarket rear view mirror with integrated dash cam ?

Basically I want to fit a dash cam to our car/cars but would prefer a neat installation. I have seen some where you can remove the OEM Rear view mirror completely and replace with a High Tech combined mirror/dash cam, some even have touch screen control, etc.

I know you can get ones that attach to the existing mirror, but these aren't for me they look a bit clunky, heavy and not a very elegant installation.

Something very similar to this on Amazon:    Rear View Mirror Cam Link

kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Anybody fitted Rear View Mirror Dash Cam ?  Empty Re: Anybody fitted Rear View Mirror Dash Cam ?

Post by Woodking on Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:01 pm

I've not fitted anything to my Vitara but I had a Nextbase 212 in my previous car and it worked really well.

I hadn't seen the replacement mirrors with a camera in them such as those in your link, what a good idea and with Insurance Companies offering discounts for having a dashcam I think they should be an option on new cars.

I still have my dashcam but not confident enough at removing interior trim (especially without a repair manual) on the Vitara - yet, and I'm like you where you say you'd like a neat installation.

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Anybody fitted Rear View Mirror Dash Cam ?  Empty Re: Anybody fitted Rear View Mirror Dash Cam ?

Post by Woodking on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:32 pm

More info about the dashcam install here and going to get my plastic trim tools out and give it a go.

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t208-dash-cam-s

Not sure if I'm going to use the cigarette lighter power supply or wire it in, but going to run the cables in for now.

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down