Genuine Suzuki Boot Protector

Go down

Genuine Suzuki Boot Protector Empty Genuine Suzuki Boot Protector

Post by Woodking on Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:45 pm

After seeing a couple of scatches on the rear bumper of my Vitara (maybe caused by the previous owner loading stuff in and out) I decided to invest in a bumper protector and fitted it today.

I've never fitted one of these before and thought it was a vinyl film to stick on the bumper but I was wrong! Suzuki part number 990E0-54P57-000 - Bumperprot Sheet Black Vitara comes rolled up in a cardboard box with a cleaning wipe to prepare the surface and a sachet of liquid to allow it to be moved around on the bumper to locate it in the right location.

Genuine Suzuki Boot Protector Film10

I unrolled it an allowed it to flatten out while I fitted the towbar, then cleaned the boot surface with the wipe and made up the liquid mix as per instructions - 5 litres of water and filled up an old sprayer with the mix. I then sprayed the mix onto the bumper and on the protective film as I removed the backing and set it on the bumper to allow me to locate it properly.

There is a small indent in the middle of the protector to allow you to locate it on the cente of the bumper using the boot latch as a reference point.

Once laid out I used the plastic spreader to remove the liquid and bubbles from underneath (like you would do fitting a mobile phone screen protector), and worked out from the centre to either side. At this point I got a bit worried as the protector hung right over the bumper curve and I was worried it wouldn't stick!

As it looked like it was in the right location and wouldn't move I then used a normal hairdryer to warm it up as it didn't seem to want to stick and bend down on the bumper edge. This worked out well by warming up the whole length slowly on a medium heat and using the plastic spreader to remove bubbles and liquid as I went. As soon as the protector gets to the (just) right temperature it miraculously sticks and keeping it warm allows you to remove the bubbles easily. Once completed and happy there was no bubbles showing I gave it a wipe down with a dry cloth and will leave it in the garage and not wash it for 24 hours as per instructions. Really pleased how it came out and it should protect the boot entry from further damage. £30-ish, well worth it and seems very tough.

Genuine Suzuki Boot Protector Boot10

Genuine Suzuki Boot Protector Finish11

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Genuine Suzuki Boot Protector Empty Re: Genuine Suzuki Boot Protector

Post by Gar Green on Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:42 am

I used the hard plastic protector from the rugged pack. Saved my bumper a few times. Good shout.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:53 am

Gar Green wrote:I used the hard plastic protector from the rugged pack. Saved my bumper a few times. Good shout.

Thanks Gar Green. I like what you've done to your Vitara, looks great.

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:34 pm

Woodking wrote:
Gar Green wrote:I used the hard plastic protector from the rugged pack. Saved my bumper a few times. Good shout.

Long gone now, I’m afraid. I do miss it though
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:24 am

Gar Green wrote:
Woodking wrote:

Long gone now, I’m afraid. I do miss it though

Oh no that's a shame, I was hoping you were going to do more mods to it, I enjoy seeing what others do and its always a good way to learn more about the car.

Hope you are happy with whatever you changed it for.

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusteve on Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:37 am

very nice, i need to get one for mine..
lotusteve
lotusteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down