Had Enough!

Go down

Had Enough! Empty Had Enough!

Post by bobmurphey on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:55 am

Well Gang! Got our new Vitara szt delivered on the 2nd April 18 and have just ordered a Grandland x Sport Tech... Why you may ask! Well this car is of weak construction, flimsy plastics, bad brakes that always rub, screech, stick on when stop/start is activated, horrid lumpy auto box that won't change up without lifting off gas, steering wheel/column set to far to left causing me aching arms and shoulders, flimsy uncomfortable seating, gps that uses the useless here mapping which can't even get my home address right and many more things you might find yourselves, Despite returning to dealers they say it's all part of and I quote "Having a superior make of car" wtf? With the trade in and up specking for the Grandland x I'm £12,500 down, but worth every penny to rid myself of this heap of junk! God Bless the next owner eh! Bye....Ps Got an after market arm rest if you want it free....

bobmurphey

Back to top Go down

Had Enough! Empty Re: Had Enough!

Post by Gar Green on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:59 am

You ok, hun?
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Souter on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:18 am

I had all the same problems with a Grandland Laughing Laughing Laughing
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Back to top Go down

Had Enough! Empty Indeed

Post by bobmurphey on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:29 am

Grumpy Souter wrote:I had all the same problems with a Grandland Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yes of course you did! It's documented on all the Grandland X review sites I've researched! What Grandland X did you have then? and what in heavens name made you choose the inferior Vitara? We all have a choice and I am at a complete loss as to why you would choose the Vitara, I will have the last word as I am now deleting my profile. thanks to those who tried to resolve sat nav problems and good luck with the here mapping, Bye, Bye We Gone!

bobmurphey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:12 pm

My god, what WILL we do without you?

Tone is pretty hard to judge in text so I’ll tell you straight, that was scarcasim.

As you were, chaps.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrust on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Not knowing much about the Grandland X other than it's based on a Peugeot 3008, I looked at Top Gear's review of it. Their summary was: -

I don’t like the fact that so little imagination and creativity has gone into its design and engineering. This feels like a relatively cheaply and quickly done car.
And it’s fine, it’ll do the job Vauxhall needs it to do and it’s a much more rounded and competent car in this sector than the Mokka is lower down. But it’s not going to breathe new life into the company or convince us Vauxhall is on the comeback trail. It’s a five out of ten car.
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:35 pm

What a miserable bugger !!!!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog66 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:06 am

Win some, lose some... you can't please them all! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
maddog66
maddog66

Back to top Go down

Post by nib4722 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:43 am

Thankyou all for the entertainment .

nib4722

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:41 pm

The Grandland X is a Vauxhall. Enough said, look no further !!!!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Had Enough! Empty Flimsy

Post by suladna on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:17 pm

Aw, I like my flimsy plastic. I don't think I would like a Vauxhall Grandad.

Vitara now three years old (and first MOT today). No problems at all. Three years of fun and no worries. So chuckable.

suladna

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:09 pm

Suppose it's too late to ask for the arm rest Laughing
Dealers can be frustrating though, got my wind whistle from window back and graunching slow speed brakes.
Saw the Grandland on display at local VX dealers can't say I like it much, they can't seem to design their own cars of this type, think their last attempt was based on a Chevrolet.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by crozier on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:19 pm

Not sure of the Grandland spec you are going for but if it's AWD then watch out. My other car is an Insignia VXR/OPC and the AWD has a central haldex. These fail about every 30k miles, and if it's not under warranty expect a bill of about £6k. Again, not sure if AWD is even in the options list for Grandland, but I've had a quick look and some of the UK spec configs go to £34k list. That's a lot for a VX

crozier

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:53 pm

bobmurphey wrote:……. just ordered a Grandland x Sport Tech

With the trade in and up specking for the Grandland x I'm £12,500 down

He must have ordered 2 cars as they only do a Grandad X Sport Nav or a Grandad X Tech Line Nav

And as for the trade in with the Grandad at £25360 and pre facelift Vitara SZ-T £16000 you are already near enough £10k up so no wonder he is £12500 down

The Grandad is built on the PSA EMP2 platform (Peugeot/Citroen) who we all know are famous for their 4wd experience
(read no experience at all) and until recently the only PSA 4x4 option was from outside help in the form of Dangel who built PSA 4wd's for councils and forestry applications etc

Personally I will keep enjoying my Vitara like many of you already agree thumbl

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:04 pm

I did have a look at the Peugeot 3008 whilst mine was in for service as garage is a Peugeot dealer as well. Nice looking and some trick electrics but don't know if I would want any French car that has anything electrical on it from past experience with a car my daughter had. Friend has a 3008 as well, he does like the car but it has had a few electric gremlins.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:48 pm

Just to complete the kick in the nuts, the barely average Grandad ( according to reviews ) has already had £4000 knocked off the retail price. And may not reach 50% of its original purchase price after 2 years . Probably be as popular as the Antara, remember that one !

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:48 pm

I have owned over 50 cars during the last 57 years, and up until 2015 often changed after nine months. However, my Vitara is now nearly three years old; and I have no intention of selling !!!!!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:08 am

RichK wrote:I did have a look at the Peugeot 3008 whilst mine was in for service as garage is a Peugeot dealer as well. Nice looking and some trick electrics but don't know if I would want any French car that has anything electrical on it from past experience with a car my daughter had. Friend has a 3008 as well, he does like the car but it has had a few electric gremlins.

After a lifetime as a motor mechanic a shiver runs down my spine every time anyone mentions French and electrics in the same sentence !!
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:20 am

Having owned at least ten Citroens and Renaults dating back to the 1980's, I have to say that I never encountered electric or suspension problems.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:17 pm

Had a letter from the Suzuki dealers the other day asking me to phone them up on Tuesday quoting a special code for exciting news about my Vitara Rolling Eyes Says not related to service so can only image they want to give me a sales pitch to change the car.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by helmievitara on Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:46 pm

JOHNWALES wrote:Having owned at least ten Citroens and Renaults dating back to the 1980's,  I have to say that I never encountered electric or suspension problems.
You must have been lucky! I had 2 Lagunas.. both company cars. The first one often refused to open the tailgate because it thought it was already open! It also had total and I mean total brake failure as I arrived at Milton Keynes after a run down the M1 from Richmond! It was 10 days old at the time and it turned out that the rear LH brake assy had not been built correctly allowing the shoes to fall off and the cylinders fully popped out along with all the fluid!! 2nd one had terrible electrics...constantly told me that there were no wheels on my wagon (TPMS) and AC would only work when it wanted! Never touched Renault since!
helmievitara
helmievitara

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:18 pm

I am with you regarding Renault had a brand new captur that whined like mad between 28 and 30 mph.went back 4 times to be told its a trait with the car.wipers done their own thing.could not wait to out it.what a load of tosh. Sad

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by alec on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:40 pm

Most of my electrical problems have been with Fiat's Tempra SW was the main culprit.
Only French car electrical problems having owned a Citroën for about 5 years and a Peugeot for 8 years were earth problems with rear light clusters, easy enough to run a new earth strap but obviously shouldn't be necessary.

alec
alec

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:57 am

I know we have drifted slightly from the original topic to bashing everything French but, I drove a new 3008 gtline a few days ago with a 1.2 engine. It was remarkably quiet on the motorway and the engine was sprightly rather than powerful. A pleasant and comfortable journey. Oh No, I think I have just defended the opposition !

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:11 am

graham04 wrote:I drove a new.....

I think the word New is a great giveaway to you being impressed with the Peugeot......   There are few 6months down the line that would feel the same lol!
I had a friend turn up on Saturday morning to show me his Peugeot engined Grand Vitara 2.0HDI on Sat that decided as he switched it off to snap it's fan belt, an hour to collect the belt then it was 9pm by the time I had finally refitted the new belt Rolling Eyes

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum