MOT due at the end of the month

Go down

MOT due at the end of the month Empty MOT due at the end of the month

Post by alec on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:35 am

My car is 3 years old at the end of the month and therefore is due it's first MOT.
Booked in for 3 year service and MOT on the same day.

Has anyone else on here had theirs tested yet? If so have any failed on anything? Is there anything to worry about?
alec
alec

Back to top Go down

MOT due at the end of the month Empty Re: MOT due at the end of the month

Post by JOHNWALES on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:52 pm

Yes had mine MOT'd in September. No problems, but having had it serviced in July did not anticipate any trouble. If you use Suzuki for annual servicing any MOT issues would be an admittance of negligence.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:20 pm

Bomb proof, Check you usual fails I.e bulbs, blades and tyres. But there is nothing known for these vehicles to cause a concern.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

MOT due at the end of the month Empty MOT passed

Post by suladna on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 am

Had MOT yesterday. No problems at all, and no issues with the car during three years. All four tyres are still ok too.

suladna

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:21 pm

What did I tell you !
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by alec on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:32 am

Service and MOT yesterday.
No problems apart from needing a new rear tyre due to having a nail in one, reported losing pressure for the last few weeks.
£400 in total.
Have an account with dealer that I pay £30 a month into by direct debit so no pain.
Also had a look a new Vitara whilst there. Looks nice.
alec
alec

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrust on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:37 pm

Which Suzuki dealer do you use for service alec?
My Vitara is going to be 3 years old in a couple of months so will need a service & 1st MOT. Last year I took it to an independent garage in Redhill who I know from past experience are very reliable, but they obviously do not have Suzuki diagnostic facilities. I think it would be sensible this year to use an official dealer.
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Post by alec on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:07 am

Town & Country cars just over the border in Ash, Hampshire.
alec
alec

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrust on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:36 pm

Thanks for that alec.
As that dealer is nearly 40 miles away from me, I have decided to book my car into Hendy Suzuki in Crawley. I will report back on here after the service & MOT.
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrust on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:37 pm

3 year service + MOT today at Hendy Suzuki in Crawley.
Dropped it off at 8 am, free courtesy car (virtually brand new Mazda 2), collected it at 1230, all completed with no issues, plus full valet, all for £250. I am impressed..........

PS  Just received an emailed 5 minute video taken by the fitter doing the inspection. It shows my car up on a lift with footage of the under vehicle condition. It shows him recording individual tyre depth, brake pad thickness, condition of discs, brake lines, transmission, drive shaft gaiters, exhaust etc.
Anyone else get this with a service?
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:24 pm

My Vitara had its 1st mot today, no problems but because it is an Allgrip the tester did not put it on the rolling road. Instead he drove it around the car park and stabbed the brakes on a couple of times. Just like the old days with my Range Rover. Interesting but I am sure my previous GV used to go on the rolling road. I should have asked him if it was  flagged up by the VOSA system.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:20 am

GV's up to 2005 (SQ models) were selectable 4wd with drive only to the rear wheels but JB models 2006 on were permanent 4wd so should not have been tested on the rollers

Karl

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusteve on Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:05 pm

Petrust wrote:3 year service + MOT today at Hendy Suzuki in Crawley.
Dropped it off at 8 am, free courtesy car (virtually brand new Mazda 2), collected it at 1230, all completed with no issues, plus full valet, all for £250. I am impressed..........

PS  Just received an emailed 5 minute video taken by the fitter doing the inspection. It shows my car up on a lift with footage of the under vehicle condition. It shows him recording individual tyre depth, brake pad thickness, condition of discs, brake lines, transmission, drive shaft gaiters, exhaust etc.
Anyone else get this with a service?
i got a small video when i took mine in for its first service (montys sheffield) it was a freebee service as well with the car deal i got.
lotusteve
lotusteve

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:32 pm

Word of warning for owners with cars coming up for three yeas old and mot /tax. Tried to tax the car online today as due April 1st, kept saying session ended as car has no Mot Shocked kept sending around in circles until I realised the system assumes that there will be no Mot on the car on April 1st. I'm booked in next Thursday 28th for service and mot so hopefully mot online is updated quickly so I can try and tax it again.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by suzuki-loops on Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:51 pm

RichK. The MOT is available online as soon as it passes (assuming it does bounce) so you should be fine with your tax. A  couple of years ago I wanted to tax my car before a budget as I knew the car tax would be going up with immediate effect. The garage called me as soon as they completed the MOT knowing what I was hoping to do. I immediately connected to the DVLA site and I got my tax done with 5 mins to spare!

suzuki-loops

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:27 pm

had my 3yr service plus mot with a reliable quoted garage.would not pay suzukis prices quoted. so went to him instead.because of low mileage over 3yrs what he quoted me he knocked 30 quid off the finished price because he said it was one of the easiest mot and services he had done.then what happens next my Suzuki dealer phones up and asked why I did not go to them so told him too expensive.what did he say he will book me a space next year at a very good discounted price,lol

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:42 pm

I'm only going with Suzuki because you cannot get the extended warranty according to their small print if the car is not serviced at a Suzuki dealership. I was all geared up for my local garage who looked after my Grand Vitara and an Mx5 I have at half the price of Suzuki but the extended warranty bit has twisted my arm but I do have a 25% off voucher and £35 mot so not too bad at around £230 all in prob a bit less as I've done the pollen filter. And I've got to run through the invoice with them for the last service as they have charged for a diesel service which has dearer filter and fair bit more oil than the petrol car. I have been invited to a VIP Rolling Eyes event at the dealers but prob just an excuse to get me in the showroom for the hard sales.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down