From the Forest of Dean

Go down

From the Forest of Dean Empty From the Forest of Dean

Post by theforestdweller on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:24 pm

Pictures taken today - no time to pose the vehicle in a better location Smile

From the Forest of Dean Img_6110From the Forest of Dean Img_6111From the Forest of Dean Img_6112

Last edited by theforestdweller on Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

From the Forest of Dean Empty Re: From the Forest of Dean

Post by l3b2447a on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:43 pm

Nice choice of colour! thumbl The semi-rugged pack option looks well-matched on it too!

By the way, did you order the DRL surrounds from your dealer or did it come from another shop? I was thinking of having them too but my dealer insists that they install it themselves and they always add a fee. So I didn't take it. I would like to order it somewhere at some point though!

l3b2447a

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:14 pm

I think the "semi-rugged" pack works well - I bought from http://www.suzuki-shop.co.uk not from dealers supplying the car. I did let the dealers sell me the centre console and mudflaps just to get the fitting done as my facilities are limited. Had to pay full retail price though  Crying or Very sad.

I paid £44.44 for the DRL surrounds (decribed as "Front Bumper Moulding Set") and £104.72 for the "Side Body Moulding Set" This was inclusive of VAT and postage. They came complete with fitting instructions, and as advised on this forum just needs patience and a good eye to make sure everthing lines up properly. Took SWMBO and myself about 90 minutes yesterday - I was being  v e r y  careful!
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:44 pm

Great pictures and thanks for posting, as said the part rugged pack works and glad it wasn't too stressful

Look forward to more pictures and some Forest of Dean drive reports

The big question is was it worth the wait?
Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:05 pm

Definitely worth the wait Smile . I'm lucky that I can change cars every 2 years or so and can therefore make fairly valid comparisons of recent vehicles against each other. The Vitara has a better and more relaxed suspension, the seats are infinitely more comfortable, it's quieter, (but am still listening for that first dreaded rattle from somewhere that the dealers can never find Rolling Eyes).

I'm persuaded that the endless complaints regarding the hard plastics in the cabin are not worth worrying about. The interior is fine, but I've got the suede interior which lifts the whole ambience a little.

As an aside I noticed that the top (hard) boot floor had a manufacturing date of 15th September 2015, so to receive the vehicle 4 weeks later wasn't bad going. Tomorrow the spare wheel gets secured (DIY effort at £3.00) and further reading of the manual is required as well!
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down