PCP and servicing.

Go down

PCP and servicing. Empty PCP and servicing.

Post by Janwal on Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:12 pm

This may have been covered before but I have only had my Vitara S for three months.Bought as ex demo 17 plate with 2500 miles on it. It is due it’s first 12 months service at the end of July even though it has still only done 3500 miles! I have always had my cars serviced at my local garage with no problems. However this is my first on PCP. I have looked at the contract and it doesn’t state anywhere that it has to have main dealer service.
There are differing opinions on this from a quick Google search. So has anyone on here had experience of this.Obviously I will check with local dealer but wondered what other people’s experiences are on the forum.
Thanks.

Janwal

Back to top Go down

PCP and servicing. Empty Re: PCP and servicing.

Post by Whytecat on Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:14 pm

I would worry about warranty, Did you keep the manufacturers warranty when you bought the car ?

Whytecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fin69 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:25 pm

You need to read Suzuki's and your PCP companies T&C's on servicing. If not sure, contact them and get them to confirm in a printable format (email or letter - Remember, no paper, no trail.) what they permit you to do without breaching their conditions or contract .

This comes up time and again on other forums I am a member of. Generally the Block Exemption Rule is nearly always quoted. As long as the garage is VAT registered and uses components of an equal or greater quality to those specified by the vehicles manufacturer, then you are fine.

https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/service-repair/right-to-repair-campaign

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by Janwal on Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:28 pm

The car still has the full Suzuki warranty. I have never worried about using a local garage and warranty. They always service using main dealer parts and recommended oils just don’t charge the dealer exorbitant rates! You are entitled to these days without it affecting warranty. Whenever I have changed cars they only ask if it has a service history and when I say it is from local garage it has never made any difference to the part exchange.

Janwal

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:28 pm

The only real advantage with a dealer service that I can see, is , if there are any software updates. Any small niggles you might have can be sorted by the mighty computer. It frightens the hell out of me but has sorted out a couple of annoying issues. These are things a local garage probably will be unable to sort out. Also negotiating will bring the price down to nearly sensible amounts. Plenty about that in the forum.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by Janwal on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:19 pm

So,checked with Suzuki finance and my local dealer. Both say that it is not a problem as long it is done to manufacturer standards and parts. Which I know my local garage do use.

Janwal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down