New car mpg

Go down

New car mpg Empty New car mpg

Post by Whytecat on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:00 pm

commuted 30 miles this morning, mileage on new Vitara S is 80 miles.
Hit 54 mpg ! quite impressed until i got to my mcdonald’s drive through for my coffee. I have never seen it so rammed on a monday morning, must have been the World cup hangover mob Smile
Anyway after the drive through, down to 47 mpg then varying the speed & engine revs to run it in, ended up at 44mpg which is still not bad for a new engine.
My commute is fairly steady just a lot of roundabouts.

Whytecat

Back to top Go down

New car mpg Empty Re: New car mpg

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:56 pm

Great to hear you are impressed with the S mpg............just dont select the Sport mode as the grin factor takes over any thoughts of mpg 8-)
Did you know there is a comfort and eco tyre pressure setting? May be worth checking which mode the dealer has set your Vitara on

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytecat on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:22 am

Admin wrote:Great to hear you are impressed with the S mpg............just dont select the Sport mode as the grin factor takes over any thoughts of mpg 8-)
Did you know there is a comfort and eco tyre pressure setting? May be worth checking which mode the dealer has set your Vitara on

Karl

Yes I did read that on this forum so well reminded. I will check the pressures at the weekend & let you know. I will be interested to see what I average over the week but I am varying the speed for running in purposes so thats going to mess with the average.

However dont remind me about Sport mode just yet Smile

Whytecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytecat on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:50 am

Tyre Pressures were 38.5 psi all round. What is the minimum & maximum ?

Average mpg worked out to about 42mpg for the week .

Whytecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Janwal on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:16 pm

The pressures are on a label at the side of the drivers door. MPG does vary somewhat. I live in Huddersfield with lots of hills around. And short pottering around town I get 35mpg and surprisingly if I use Sport mode it makes little difference. Except it is a much nicer car to drive in Sport mode!! So that is my main choice. On a longer motorway run it is about 45 mpg and steady B road run it pushes 50.
So can’t complain. I came from a diesel Captur which only gave 37ish around town but up to 65 on a long motorway run up to the Lakes. It was not half as enjoyable as the S to drive though.

Janwal

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytecat on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:45 pm

better mpg this week so far, i’m steady B roads & im averaging 45-46.

However as nearly run in I am starting to put my foot down, how good is the S in sport mode

Whytecat

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:20 pm

After 11,000 miles in our S auto we average 41 mpg, a mixture of city and country roads (no motorways), both of us use it, one speedy the other judicious (that's me of course!)

After a few 'selective' moments we found the Sport mode exhilarating with little if any loss of mpg.
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Janwal on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:47 pm

Sport mode really makes the S a much more enjoyable car to drive. It picks up and accelerates quicker. If you want to try the difference find a hill in auto mode and get up to about 40 if it allows.Hold the throttle steady and the put it into sport mode. You will be the surge and acceleration kick in. Along with a nice smile all over your face!!
Then you will want to use it all the time.As said it makes little if any difference to your consumption.

Janwal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitaraphil on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Yes so much better in sport mode, i engage it at junctions and crazy roundabouts.
Think you might find tyre wear might increase quite abit if its used most of the time.
Maybe someone can throw more light on the matter?

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytecat on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:30 pm

Only this morning zero’d the mpg put it in sport & did my 30 mile commute with no aircon. Saw 57 mpg at one point! and ended up with 53.7 mpg. Will try the same on Auto in the next day or so.
This was on Shell Vpower though. Filled it 5 miles from end of journey and on way home felt a bit lumpy on regular unleaded, may be my imagination but will monitor that one Smile
(I was showing 30 miles left of fuel but as soon as the low fuel warning came on it zero'd, a bit disconcerting to see zero miles left I must say)

Last edited by Whytecat on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

Whytecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum